Atle Hennum Haugsgjerd
Political scientist doing research on electoral behavior, trust and right-wing populism
Atle H. Haugsgjerd earned his PhD in political science from the University of Oslo in 2018. His research concerns comparative political behavior and welfare state politics.
Haugsgjerd's research has appeared in journals such as Electoral Studies and West European Politics. He also holds a postdoctoral position at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) affiliated to the research group Challenges to Democratic Representation.
- Haugsgjerd, Atle (2019). Moderation or radicalisation? How executive power affects right-wing populists’ satisfaction with democracy. Electoral Studies. 57, s 31- 45 . doi: 10.1016/j.electstud.2018.09.008 Full text in Research Archive.
- Haugsgjerd, Atle & Kumlin, Staffan (2019). Downbound spiral? Economic grievances, perceived social protection and political distrust. West European Politics. . doi: 10.1080/01402382.2019.1596733 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Haugsgjerd, Atle (2017). Political distrust amidst The Great Recession: The mitigating effect of welfare state effort. Comparative European Politics. s 1- 29 . doi: 10.1057/s41295-017-0089-7
- Kumlin, Staffan & Haugsgjerd, Atle (2017). The Welfare State and Political Trust: Bringing Performance Back In, In Sonja Zmerli & Tom van der Meer (ed.), Handbook on Political Trust. Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 9781782545101. chapter 18. s 285 - 301
- Kumlin, Staffan; Stadelmann-Steffen, Isabelle & Haugsgjerd, Atle (2017). Trust and the Welfare State, In Eric M. Uslaner (ed.), Oxford Handbook of Social and Political Trust (online version published January 2017). Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190274801. Chapter 17. s 385 - 408
- Haugsgjerd, Atle (2018). A Vicious Circle? Performance Dissatisfaction, Political Distrust and the Populist Response. Series of Dissertations submitted to the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo. 720.
- Aardal, Bernt; Bergh, Johannes & Haugsgjerd, Atle (2014). Velgervandringer og valgdeltakelse ved stortingsvalget 2013 : de første resultater fra Valgundersøkelsen. Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Haugsgjerd, Atle; Stine, Hesstvedt & Karlsen, Rune (2017). Increased Media Diversity and Political Knowledge Gaps. A Comparative Longitudinal Study 1995-2015.