Maria Forthun Hoen
Social economist with an interest in the labor market and immigration
Maria Forthun Hoen has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Oslo and the Frisch Centre. Her research is mainly focused on the labor market, with a special interest in effects of immigration and immigrants’ labor market careers. Other fields of interest include adolescents and young workers’ labor market attachments, education, and non-participation in the labor market.
The main article from the doctoral thesis was published as Immigration and the Tower of Babel: Using language barriers to identify individual labor market effects of immigration in the journal Labour Economics.
- Hoen, Maria Forthun (2020). Immigration and the Tower of Babel: Using language barriers to identify individual labor market effects of immigration. Labour Economics. 65 . doi: 10.1016/j.labeco.2020.101834 Full text in Research Archive.
- Hoen, Maria Forthun; Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut (2019). Innvandring og sosial mobilitet. Svar til kritikerne. Tidsskrift for samfunnsforskning. 60(3), s 309- 320 . doi: 10.18261/issn.1504-291X-2019-03-09
- Hoen, Maria Forthun; Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut (2018). Immigration and Social Mobility.
- Hoen, Maria Forthun (2016). Occupational crosswalk, data, and language requirements. Frisch Arbeidsnotat. 1.
- Hoen, Maria Forthun (2012). The Golden Interest Rule. Staff Memo : Norges Bank. 16.