Øystein Marianssønn Hernæs
Economist focusing on labor market, education and politics using quantitative methods and data
Øystein did his PhD thesis at the European University Institute in Firenze, Italy. In his current research, he analyzes the use of conditions for welfare, and how this affects the proportion of youth receiving social benefits.
- Ellingsen, Sebastian & Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn (2018). The impact of commercial television on turnout and public policy: Evidence from Norwegian local politics. Journal of Public Economics. 159, s 1- 15 . doi: 10.1016/j.jpubeco.2018.02.001
- Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn (2018). Activation against absenteeism – Evidence from a sickness insurance reform in Norway. Journal of Health Economics. 62, s 60- 68 . doi: 10.1016/j.jhealeco.2018.09.007
- Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn; Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut (2018). Television, Cognitive Ability, and High School Completion. The Journal of human resources. . doi: 10.3368/jhr.54.2.0316.7819R1 Show summary
- Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn; Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut (2017). Can welfare conditionality combat high school dropout?. Labour Economics. 48(October), s 144- 156 . doi: 10.1016/j.labeco.2017.08.003
- Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn; Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut (2016). Television, Cognitive Ability, and High School Completion. IZA Discussion Papers.
- Markussen, Simen; Røed, Knut & Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn (2016). Can Welfare Conditionality Combat High School Dropout?. IZA Discussion Papers. 9644.
- Hernæs, Øystein Marianssønn; Jakobsson, Niklas & Kotsadam, Andreas (2014). Prostitution. Demand and Supply of, In Jûrgen Georg Backhaus (ed.), Encyclopedia of Law and Economics. Springer. ISBN 978-1-4614-7883-6. Kapittel. s 1 - 6