The main topics family, working life, politics and policy form the framework of the institute’s research on gender equality and gender relations.
The ISF’s gender equality research is concerned with societal challenges in the interaction between family, the labour market, and policy. Gender equality research at the ISF has given particular importance to understanding and explaining gender differences in terms of participation in education and the labour market, wages, careers, and management, as well as investigating the relationship between work and family life. In our research we are concerned with how gender is intertwined with other inequality generators such as ethnic background, age, generation, and class.
The Institute was one of the first to research gender equality and gender relations. In recent years, CORE – Centre for Research on Gender Equality has played a key role in this field. In 2017, the Institute also established NORDICORE, a five-year Nordic Centre of Excellence for gender balance studies and gender equality in academia.
- Comparing Histories of Antisemitism in Contemporary Europe
- CORE Corporate Survey (CCS)
- Determined to succeed? Maturation, Motivation and Gender Gaps in Educational Achievement
- Equality in a time-and economic perspective
- Gender and career among highly educated immigrant-descendants
- Gender Equality in the Business Sector
- Gender equality policy: support, policy development and practice
- Gender, career and childcare responsibilities among lawyers
- Health-Gap: Health, Maturity, and the Gender Gap in Education
- NORDICORE – Nordic Centre for Research on Gender Equality in Research and Innovation
- NORPOL – is Norwegian society being polarized?
- Research Policy and the Boundaries of the Ideal Academic – REBOUND
- Salary and career development among highly educated people in Norway, 2004-2019
- Social-ecological relations and gender equality (SEQUAL)
- The future of working life in a gender equality perspective
- The value of unpaid work of women and men – care and domestic work