The main topics family, working life, politics and policy form the framework of the institute’s research on gender equality and gender relations.
The Institute for Social Research has been one of the pioneers in the field of gender equality research in Norway. The main topics family, working life, policy and politics have formed the framework of the institute’s research on gender equality and gender relations.
In recent years, CORE – Centre for Research on Gender Equality has played a key role in the research field. Gender equality researchers at the Institute for Social Research study gender differences in education and working life, work and family adaptations and career dynamics, as well as welfare policy and gender aspects related to civic participation and volunteerism.
Within the aforementioned gender equality fields, we are concerned with how gender is intertwined with other dimensions of inequality, such as ethnic origin, age, generation and social class.
- Determined to succeed? Maturation, Motivation and Gender Gaps in Educational Achievement
- Equal Pay Report
- Gender Equality in the Business Sector
- Gender Segregation in the Labour Market
- NORDICORE – Nordic Centre for Research on Gender Equality in Research and Innovation
- Pathways to Integration: The Second Generation in Education and Work in Norway
- Women in finance
- Women of immigrant background in the labour market